Monday, August 20, 2012

Had a very good practice!

Made it through all of the songs on Dark Side. Sounding very good and getting better. The MIDI worked well.

Screaming helped. Kind of. It didn't sound great but I was able to get through 2 1/2 hours without running out of wind. Or passing out. Or turning blue.

The next step is correcting pitch. Got to get my loonie on the path...

Then there's:

Communication, Focus, Documentation, Equipment, Focus, Programming, Editing, Focus..

A lot of details.

Going through the audio of the session had me finding a rather large part of the time being wasted by me not staying focused.

Several reasons. First I like to socialize. This is fun and having friends along for the ride is a gas.

Second, I get nervous coming out of my 40 year hibernation as a closet guitarist. Toss in spending a rather lengthy lifetime not being a singer and I'm rather tightly strung coming into practice.  

Beer is good for taking the edge off. Only problem is, I like beer. A lot. Did I mention focus??? Beer is a natural focus fighting agent. I need to find a natural way to relax and stay focused. Another challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment