Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hope???

This seems to be working...

Scream the lyrics! As loud as you can without getting arrested! (Note: there is nothing worth going to jail for...).

Screaming as many of them as you can without passing out is a good thing. Passing out, in itself, can be judged entirely upon the method used to get there.

This seems to have a twofold effect. Breathing is number one on the effect parade. You really have to suck air to scream. Seems it really helps to suck air during a song as well. Sucking half the air will get you half the song. I should probably copywrite that...

Grabbing half the air to get through a passage is a recipe to... feel free to fill this one in... The copywrite is yours if you're so inclined.

My personnal result is weakness of voice. That little waa-waa effect that creeps out with no air behind it. The one that had me trying to hide in the bottom of my chair while attending the concert described below.

I had the pleasure of going to my daughters high school chorus finale concert a few months ago.  There were some wonderful moments. There were some good moments. And there were some OMG shoot me moments.

Stamina. The OMG moments were, mostly, young folks running out of steam. The poor child singing songs with endless chorus's at the end. It's painful to listen to. My effort in last weeks practice was profoundly painful for the poor unfortunate souls stuck in that room.


Fortunately, it's my band and I can suck if I want too??? There's a shoot me moment right there. My band mates deserve better.

So, I'm screaming. And playing. And recording (delete is a cool tool!). It's getting better. And the endurance is improving. The hesitation is diminishing. The strength of voice is there at the end.

My sincere wish is that there are no shoot me moments in the audience when this plan comes to fruition. No trying to hide in their chairs. Hmmm, perhaps I need to ensure that there are no chairs for the audience to hide in. That would be cruel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment