Sunday, August 5, 2012

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

Did you know that if you don't practice, properly, it's a lock you won't improve. If you practice the wrong way, it's a guarantee you'll get worse. Guess what I did??

I spent the better part of the past two weeks learning lyrics. The key word being "learning".

Sitting by myself, I can get most of the words to dark side of the moon out in relatively accurate order. I learned words. Not how to sing them.

Adding a guitar, several musicians, a microphone, amplifiers and music and I promptly reverted back into a babbling idiot. Actually, a babbling idiot that couldn't find a note in a room full of Post It's. Baaaaaad!

My practice methods will change. I will play, sing, record and improve. An hour a day at least.

If I don't improve after the next two practices, I will have to fire myself  and get a replacement.

On the good side, the band sounds great aand shows steady improvement. The music is coming together. I need to learn to post audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment